LIVE UNITED is a national movement. We strengthen communities by improving education, income, and health. Our goals are clear, ambitious, and attainable — but only with your support. Each of us has special talents or things we can do to help. Put your talents to work for your community, from Paso Robles to Oceano.
- Sammy Rabbit – Using a fun curriculum, you can teach 2nd-4th grade students the importance of good money habits and saving early.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – With a few hours of IRS-certified training, you can assist low-to-moderate income individuals & families discover helpful tax credits and prepare their taxes.
- MyFreeTaxes Program – Assist MyFreeTaxes users at local libraries to successfully self-file their taxes for free using our partner software options.
- Money Talks (English or Spanish) – Use our proven model to help a variety of folks learn the importance of saving, avoiding debt, building credit and making wise financial choices.
- Stuff the Bus – Join as an individual or a team for a weekend to collect school supplies for underserved students throughout the county.
- Community Impact Team – Join the committee who meets monthly to understand the highest priority issues in our community and guides our work to meet those changing needs.
- Marketing Team – Bring your marketing or communications talents to this committee who defines and creates our messaging and public image.
- Development Team – Exercise your networking and people skills to help us effectively reach people who want to support United Way’s work in our community.
- Finance Committee – Lend your financial expertise to guide the financial health of our organization.
- Youth Board – Participate with high school students as they learn about the importance of the community impact sector of our economy, building habits of volunteering and supporting organizations.
To find other local volunteer opportunities, please visit VolunteerSLO.org.