United Way of San Luis Obispo County is an independent nonprofit corporation governed by a Board of local volunteers. It is affiliated by membership with United Way of America and is one of many United Way's of California but addresses local needs as determined by our local communities. By encouraging our community members to give, advocate and volunteer, we work to highlight critical health and human service issues and focus support and contributions where the need is greatest.
Board of Directors 2023-2024
- Chair: Trish Avery-Caldwell, Retired-San Luis Obispo County Dept. of Social Services
- Treasurer/Finance Chair: Michael Hicks, Hicks Pension Services
- Secretary/Vice Chair of Resource Development: Natasha Mercurio, Richardson Properties
- Vice Chair of Community Impact: Jeff Hamm, Retired from San Luis Obispo County Health Agency
- Vice Chair of Marketing: Cliff Stepp, SteppUp Consulting